Thursday, March 16, 2006

Prepping

Today the project manager sent out an email telling us get all of our "Ducks in a Row." There'll be a meeting next Monday, and you should review the plans. I was planning on finishing my book, but I should maybe try to work. Reading the plans, there isn't much to it, but that email makes me think there's more to it. So I'm reading the contract with all its special provisions, and I have no clue on what I should memorize. Plus once you start the project, everyone gets assigned a specific task, and you basically do that the whole time. I'm not sure what they're going to do with me. I'd like to work on every part of the project, like I did last summer. I'll still read the contract, because I don't want to seem like a overpaid know-nothing.

I overheard the others talking about when the project is going to start. The early start date is based on the average nighttime temperature. I'd forgotten that concrete has to be done in cool temperatures. Which is going to suck for me since I hate the cold. I'm used to asphalt which has a working temperature of over 80 degree Celsius. So I get to work on a cold dark highway that still has traffic running on it. But at least I'll be making more money because of it.

Today the office spent their time watching college basketball. I normally don't care about sports, but I joined the pool. So I care about the results, but not the actual game. I'm the same way with Fantasy Baseball. Though fantasy baseball will be a nice way to waste time at work, I can't wait until the season starts.

No comments: