Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nothing

As far as I know my only job is to work in the batch plant. So I decided that one day I'll stay in the office until it's to batch concrete. The next day I get an email from my boss telling me not to do that anymore. I wasn't planning on doing at anymore anyways. I was planning on sitting in the office until 8pm, drive out to the project, see what was accomplished, then head the plant at 9pm. But since I got this email, I guess I'll go out at 7pm. My co-worker seem to think I don't do anything, because when I'm out on the road, I just walk up and down the project. For the most part, I'm not doing anything, except getting exercise. I only do what I am told to do, which has been nothing.

There are no lines of communication between me and my co-workers, except the black guy who's in the plant with me. It's nice because he tells me what the others think about me, which is good because I need the feedback. Though from the way he explains it, it seems that they resent me. I was originally put in the plant to be out of the way of the project manager, but the others think I should be out there with them. I personally prefer the plant, because there are things to do there. Plus there is communication there, and it lets me see how negligent and incompetent my fellow workers are. Though the more I listen to the black guy the more I'll begin to despise my boss and co-workers on this project. Oh well, I don't really need to care what they think, because I'll become their superior soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that post feels like me currently. Amazing. I totally feel for you.