Monday, May 15, 2006

Locked out

I got locked out of my laptop yesterday. Apparently I typed my password incorrectly three times, which locked me out. I had to come during the day today and get my password changed.
I found out that despite having a DVD drive, my laptop won't play DVD's. That spoils my plans to watch Wonderfalls and Buffy. At least I can still watch Firefly.

I finally got my Personal Protection Equipment yesterday. It just sitting on my desk in a giant plastic sack. So now I have a closet full of bright orange shirts. Oddly enough only three people in this office wears orange. Unlike the office where I interned last summer where everyone wore orange, and I was only people that wore the vest. But I guess working nights, you have to wear the vest anyways because of the reflectors so wearing orange makes no difference.

I'm no longer working out on the road, I'm in the concrete plant full-time now. I get less hours, because the plant shuts down at 2am, but I'm actually doing work, so I don't mind it. I'm learning more in there than out there, since the black guy explains a lot of things to me. This also gives me time to sit down and read. I finally finished Ender's Game, and have started on Metaplanetary. After one chapter, I put it down, because I hate reading Sci-Fi with made up words. Idoru was hard enough for me to read, this seems like it'll be more annoying. I recently received a large shipment of manga, so I'll read those.

Last week, we had another accident. One of our guys was sitting in his suburban and was hit by a drunk driver. He seems to be alright, but he's not allowed to drive at the moment, so he's causing a stinking about not being able to do his job and that he should be sent home. It's not like his job is that difficult. I don't really care since I'm not out there with them anymore.

No comments: