Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fish

Finally got to work again after three rain days. There isn't much for me to do until after 10pm when we start pouring concrete. Until then I just walk around watching various parts of the projects. Often I'll sit on the barrier wall and look at the canal. Today I finally realized that there's fish swimming in there. I could see a bunch of them swimming upstream close to the surface. I didn't think fish lived in there, because it's a filthy body of water. All the run-off from the highway goes in there. And now all the slurry water is running in there.

There was a bit of excitement on the job. Apparently a drunk teenage girl took out one of the light poles on the job. This was around 8pm too, this is exactly why we don't work on Friday nights. The girl didn't seem to be hurt because she was taken away in a police car. I was about half a mile from the site, all I could see were the lights.

I actually stayed to about 5am this morning, since there's less people working now, I don't feel so bad staying on the job late.

No comments: