Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to nothing

I am back on days. I was told that I would be working on a 402, so far I have done nothing work related. I looked up my choices for hotels that I could stay in while I'm on my rotation. I started reading Snow Crash, and I watch 3 episodes of Justice League Unlimited during my lunch break. Periodically I have to step outside to warm up. After working in 90-100 degree heat, 70 degrees feels a little cold. I found a nice clean spot beneath our radio antenna, where I can sit, read, and even lay down. If I remember I'll stop by the bookstore and pick up a GRE study guide. My goal is to take it 3 months, and be enrolled n grad school for the spring semester.

Yesterday when I was out warming up, the other engineer was out there also warming up. We had a nice long talk regarding our office and its future. She generally as the same opinion that I do, there's bad leadership and we engineers are being under-utilized. She is slated to take over, but there is no concrete date, and the current acting construction engineer, who isn't actually an engineer, is trying to delay the inevitable. He has assigned her to lead a project next year, that I'll be working on along with the project manager of my first project. He is supposed to be training us to lead projects. Though he is an idiot, and didn't want anything to do with me when I was working on his project. In my opinion he's the worst person to be training us. He's good buddies with the acting construction engineer, which is why he was assigned to us. Since I'll be on this project, I'll still not get to manage projects. The other engineer in the north office is already managing projects, and he's been around for a month longer than me. This project has an early start date in March and is 120 working days. They expect to tie us up for a while.

Oh, I'm proud to say, that I have yet to fall asleep at work.

No comments: