Friday, September 01, 2006

Back up

Yesterday, I had to come in early to batch some concrete. We have a new batch man, and apparently he's the only one. So he has to work several different projects. Yesterday there were multiple pours at the same, so I was called in to help out. The first pour was t 7:30am, and the second and last pour was at 4:00. There was some difficulties with the pour and I actually managed to get some overtime. I have absolutely no idea what project I was working on. I just know how to fill out the ticket books. Other than this, I only did 20 minutes of work, had to check same numbers.

I've been discussing the rotation with my boss, since he finally got some information on it. He's still trying to gather more information and said he'll get back to me on Tuesday. After discussing it with his boss, the Metro Engineer, the Metro Engineer said that he doesn't want us gone for 4 weeks at a time. And that only 2-3 days is required for each section, claiming that it's mostly a waste of time. The black guy told me that the previous engineers, said rotation is all about meeting people, and that they had fun, but actually did not learn much technically. This sounds fine for me and I would like to work in Topeka for a while, because it's close to Manhattan. I want to attend some Japanese dance practices.

I recently added two Tachikoma to my desk decoration. They stand next to my HWT from Gunparade March and bobble-head shisaa. I felt kind of funny sitting at my desk building toy robots. I got several more GITS SAC figures, because they came with DVDs, but I think I'll just stick with decorating with robotic looking toys.

No comments: