Friday, September 08, 2006

Asphalt

Starting next week I'll be sent to another project outside out our office. It's an asphalt paving job 30 miles west of my office. They asked for help, they need someone to run gradations and a ticket taker. The Russian engineer will run the gradation while I'll have the joy of taking tickets. This is what I did last summer as an intern. I'll even be working with the same contractor, and it might even be the same crew. It's really simple, something, you have the bottom of the totem pole do. You just walk beside the paving machine, taking tickets when the dump trucks arrive and calculate the yield. Not sure if this project will have the same hours as last summer which was 6am-8pm. I will be a very expensive ticket taker. They want me on the job by 8am Monday, but that's for preproduction.

I finally finished playing Final Fantasy II: Soul of Rebirth and watching Justice League. Good timing since I won't have time to watch anything on this project. I might have time to play games and read though. I managed to read 17 books last summer as a ticket taker, but I had some help though.

I have more back up batching to do today. I enjoy batching because it gets me out of the office and allows me to play games. I can play games at any time, but I don't feel right playing my DS in th office. I prefer to read books, it looks better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to be a solid ticket taker. Yea really. So much for good management above you. That does make for long days. 14 hrs? Seriously. I hated that after about 2 weeks.