Monday, August 21, 2006

Switching projects

The project manager of the striping job is back, so they don't need me anymore. I assumed I would be put back on the old concrete patching project, but I've received no instructions. I was going to go back to that project anyways, but striping manager told me that I should stay, since they're not working tonight. The striping must not like working or something, because they didn't work last Thursday. I was brought to this project, because the manager was on vacation and the other guy was talking time off. So I was going to be left alone on this job, and the one night that I'm in charge, the contractor takes the day off.

I like this striping job almost as much as I like working in the batch plant. In the plant I just sit around in an air conditioned room, listening to mp3s and playing games. On the striping job, I just sit in my air conditioned truck, listen to mp3s, occasionally play games, chat on IRC, and the best part, I don't have to wear shoes. I just slowly follow a grinding truck, driving under 1 mph. Since this is a one person job, the other guy records where they grinded, and I do nothing.

I'm still trying to figure out my schedule. There was talks of me going back to days, but I don't know when. The FEA is trying to get me in the rotation as soon as possible. Since I'll be staying Topeka, I'll probably make frequent trips to Manhattan and Lawrence to visit friends.

No comments: