Thursday, February 23, 2006

Working

They're actually having me do something, answering the phones. It feel like I'm a desk monkey again. Though it's kinda worthless having me at the phones, because I don't know anything or anybody. Amazingly one of the calls was for me. Telling me that I have to attend class about respecting others in the workplace this afternoon, and defensive driving class tomorrow. It was kinda odd how the lady told me to go.

Lady: "Are you going to the class this afternoon?"
Me: "What class?"
Lady: "Respecting other in the workplace."
Me: "I wasn't planning on it."
Lady: "Well you need to go it"

I thought she thought I was being rude to her. But I discovered that it was someone from the main office, informing that I have to attend this mandatory class. Scared me for a second.

The class itself wasn't too bad. It was mostly about diversity, teaching how not to be offensive at work. The guy giving the class did a fairly good job. On the drive back from the class, I stopped in a little Amish town and picked up some deliciously huge cinnamon rolls, kinda made the trip worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude ... I have to learn how to answer the phone properly at work... for example,

If your boss is not around, and you take a phone call for him/her, say:

"name of boss" is not in his/her office at the moment, would you like to leave a message?

and then they tell you to say something else if they don't wish to leave a message:

Would you like to leave your number, so she can call you as soon as possible when she gets back?

it just goes on and on and on.....
LOL.. what a gay company I work for!!!