Friday, February 24, 2006

Defensive Driving

I went to a Defensive driving course today. It lasted from 8:30am to 2:00pm, with several breaks including one for lunch. It was surprisingly entertaining, not necessarily informant, since I already knew most of this. The trooper showed us several videos of crashes, plus some random videos just for fun, including the Trunk Monkey and the Ford Sportka commercials. Another nice thing about going to this class is that once I get my completion certificate, I am entitled to an insurance discount. The class was very relaxed, almost too relaxed, some of the guys in the back were constantly cracking jokes. Then one really rude old man sitting behind actually called someone on his cellphone and proceeded to talk to them at his seat. Is he just that oblivious to others, or does he think because he's so old, that people will excuse him and won't say anything. Of course no one said anything and the trooper continued with the class like nothing is happening.

Since this was a district wide class, I got see several people that I worked with over the summer, including the Area Engineer. I told him about how slow it is, and he suggested that I try to get into the district materials lab and watch some testing. I ask my boss about it, and he said he'll try.

After the class, my boss sent me to main office to get my keys to the office. Apparently the lady that issues the key sent an email to my boss saying that I should pick up my keys next Tuesday. So I kinda inconvenienced her, especially since they are in the middle of remodeling her office area.

No comments: