Monday, February 20, 2006

Presidents' Day

For some reason us state workers don't get Presidents' Day off. In fact our next holiday is Memorial Day. Some people still took the day off or they were classes. About 5 people weren't in the office today. I spent most of the day without my computer. My boss finally gave me my login information at the end of the day. The first thing I did was try to install tightVNC, but it wouldn't install correctly because I didn't have admin privileges. Apparently last week, the person that was logging in for me was the admin. So I don't have as many rights as I thought I did, but I'm still able to browse the web, watch videos, and listen to my music so I can't complain. It's not like they're actually making me work. So with no computer, I just read all day. Finished Dave Barry in Cyberspace, and read 2/3 of The People of Sparks and about 70 pages from the spec book.

Today is my mom's birthday, so I got her some noise canceling headphones to go along with the mp3 player she just got. She's leaving for Okinawa at the end of the month and I thought she could use some nice headphones to block the noise since it's a long flight.

No comments: