Tuesday, February 28, 2006

updates

Today was another do nothing day. I alternated between reading Demons and Angels and playing spider. Regardless of how good the book is, I still don't have the attention span to sit there and read for hours on end. Tomorrow I have a change order class, so I probably won't finish the book until Thurday, but I'll try to drag it out, since I don't have new book yet. I'll probably borrow The DaVinci Code and whatever other book that my friend recommend.

Today, an update for the java program that we used was released. It was a simple update, just over-write two old files and copy one new one. They of course wrote a full page of instructions. The office "computer guy" followed these instructions exactly and went around updating everyone's computer. I would have done it myself but I have limit privileges. I can add new files, but I can't delete the old ones. So I waited until the computer guy tried to update mine, and he didn't quite understand the write error it was giving him. I explained it to him, but he didn't completely believe me at first. He thought my external hard drive was causing the problem. So we rebooted without the drive, and lo and behold same thing. I finally convinced him to log in with his account, and we finished updating. Now that I had access, I uninstalled a bunch of the problems that I installed two weeks ago. Free up a good 7 gigs (thanks to FFXI) I think that since I’m still on probation, that I don't have access, because everyone else can do whatever they want with their computers. In fact, the former token black guy, I say former because I increased that number by 0.5, takes his laptop home with him. I haven't gotten to know a lot of the people here, but Token seems to be the most intelligent amongst them. I only say that, because I'm actually able to have an interesting conversation with him.

No comments: