Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm back

I'm back from HQ in capitol to do my normal job, nothing. Other than my employee evaluation that I get every 3 months for some reason, I didn't do anything. Actually I got my schedule for my Certified Inspection Training. I'll be taking 9 different classes for 14 days over the course of 6 week starting mid-January. So I were to go back to HQ for the rest of my rotation it'll be in March, which is getting close to construction season. If Wichita was such a better place to live than Topeka, and if I had some more friends there, I would definitely transfer to HQ. Though if I stay with KDOT long enough I will eventually have to move there if I want to move up in the ranks. Something I'll have to consider once I get my professional license.

We're supposed to get the 10th off for Veteran's Day, but the county is still working, so they need someone to batch concrete. Since our normal batch guy is going on vacation starting on the 9th, I get to work. I don't mind working it, because it'll be overtime, and I'll be spending the whole time playing FFTA. I'll be the main batch guy until he returns on the 17th. So hopefully I can finally beat FFTA and get start on FFIII that comes out next week.

No comments: