Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Admin

I finally got admin rights on my own computer. I finally found a problem that required me to have access. It took forever for our computer to realize what the problem. I knew immediately what it was, but he always ignores what I say. It took several calls to the district office for them to finally tell them that I need to be added to the admin list. I'm guessing that my explanations were all gibberish to him. There's a java-based database program that we use, and it requires write access to a text file. The program won't run if it can't log the time and date to this text file. I actually found a way around it by making a copy of the whole folder, but I didn't tell them that because I wanted access. Because of my limited access, I couldn't even write to my external drive. Now I can start installing things and I can bring this laptop with me instead of my desktop when I go to rotation.

No comments: