Monday, November 20, 2006

Early

I thought there was another 7:30am pour this morning, so I came in early. I actually came in 10 minutes early, because I needed to fill my truck up with gas. I actually got to the plant before the batchman did. When he arrived he asked what was I doing there, and that there wasn't a pour until 9am. So returned back to the office, and the regular plant guy was back from vacation, so he took care of the pours.

I didn't do anything until 1pm, when we had an office meeting. Basically laid out the plans for the winter. He paired us up to final out some projects. Usually some senior employee that has worked on the project and someone to assist him. I get paired up with the other engineer on a LPA (local planning administration)project, which is something that no one in office work on, except for the previous LPA coordinator who retired several months ago. Plus neither one of us has ever finaled out a project. I have no idea where to even start. So we confronted our boss about this, because we will need help. He said that he thought it might be a problem since both of us are inexperienced, but he still paired us up. He thought it would work out somehow. The other engineer said that we're not a team like the others, we're two people stuck in a hell hole.

Something else that came from the meeting was the start of flex time. Everyone seems to prefer to start earlier and get off earlier. I opted for the 8:30am-5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch. I'm used to getting off at 5pm, and its what time my friends get off. Plus I would rather get an extra 30 minutes of sleep in the morning.

We also got a new employee today. He just transfered over from the north shop. Been working here for about 3 years. He's actually my age, but he already married and I think has a child. I met him on a prject once, and talked for a while, he's an alright guy. He even has the same headphones as I do.

No comments: