Friday, May 09, 2008

Pearls

I do have some work to do, but I'm unmotivated to do it today, so I'll save it for Monday. I've been reading the lately Pearls Before Swine collection, then I'll red the latest Boondocks. Just can't bring myself to start on Galaxy Angel yet. The boss brought some super sweet and dense lemon bars yesterday and today they bought donuts. After a couple months avoiding junk food, they seem to started again. The lemon bars are allowed in my diet since they're homemade, but i failed to resist the Krispy Kreme donut late in the day.

Yesterday, we had a webinar about pedestrian safety and signals in our office. This is more of something for traffic engineering. I'm interested in traffic engineering, but it's not what I do, so it didn't really apply to us. We had some traffic engineers from the City of Wichita attending, so hopefully someone learned something. I, like I do in all lectures, fell asleep. I actually stood through a couple of talk, so I wouldn't pass out.

We got a new technician this week. He transfered from maintenance after 10+ years. He was in a state of limbo for while. He was going to the tech classes but still worked for maintenance. He finally joined us in the back this week. Seems cool, keeps to himself and listens to music like me, so that's good. He also stays past 4pm, so I'm not the only one back here.

No comments: