Tuesday, May 20, 2008

pavement marking

Today we had a short class teaching us how to use our new pavement marking database. It's a rather easy program. They had everyone class take turns using the program. We broke it a couple times, which is what they asked us to do. The developer was there taking notes.

Last week, Bitter:Sweet, my favorite band at the moment, released their 2nd album and it is fantastic. It's poppier than the first one, but still excellent. I'm a little disappointed that I still have to wait two more weeks to be able to buy the cd. They released it early on itunes, which I refuse to use because of the DRM. The new Ladytron album came today on itunes, and the physical version will also come out on June 3rd. I'm not a fan of this itunes exclusive early releases. I remember last year, Stars released their latest early on emusic, which is a site I support. This year has been great for me musically. 3/6 of my top favorite bands have released new albums. Portishead being the biggest of them all, first in 11 years. Plus bunch of other bands that I just discovered last year, have stuff like CSS and My Brightest Diamond. And there's been talks of the Brazilian Girls and Camera Obscura working on new albums, and if I'm lucky they'll come out this year. So many great bands, and none of them are coming close to Kansas. Though I'm willing to travel to see Bitter:Sweet again, and Portishead too if they do anymore US shows.

No comments: