Friday, October 20, 2006

Security

This week they released a new policy that disallows the use of any IM client other MS office communicator. They are overly concerned about IT security. Which doesn't make sense why we are not allowed to use Firefox or Opera. Can't even install Firefox, the publisher is blocked, but Opera works. I was using that until someone gave me a warning that I should get rid of it along with Google Talk. I uninstalled both, so now I'm using the g-talk embedded in gmail and Firefox portable. Not being able to chat with friends would make work suck and feel extraordinarily long. Although here there's a lot more people here, people that I don't mind talking to.

I didn't do a damn thing today. Both my bosses took the day off. Since it's Friday I get to take off early at 3pm. My 2 hours of driving time is factored into my 40 hours for the week same reason why I can come in late on Monday. My boss said that I can leave even earlier if I wanted, so I will.

No comments: