Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day 2

First thing morning I got an assignment. I guess it's simple and a little mundane, but it has taken me the whole day to complete. I have to do a Right of Way release. KDOT buys land for our projects, and some times we buy excess land. I have create a cross-section of the current road and plot one for future development. Any extra is sold to the person making the request. A lot of these plans already have a line for the construction limits, but I have to double check them. Sounds simple enough, except that I have to use Microstation. I know how to use AutoCAD fairly well, but Microstation is a different thing. Looks similar and does the same thing, but it seems less intuitive and user friendly. It's been pissing me off all morning. I'm sure it's a better tool for what they do here, but I could done it in 10 minutes in AutoCAD, even without knowing what I know.

To get more exercise, I've been taking the stairs. Our office is on the 10th floor. I'm winded by the 4th floor, and my legs start cramping by the 6th. Got to go up it down it twice a day, since I go out of lunch. I'm hoping that climbing those stairs will be nothing to me in a couple weeks. I also have a decent walk from the parking space, because I have to park in a free slot. Though tomorrow I'll be picking up my parking permit so I can park a little closer. I'll probably still try to park far away within our lots. Looking around, I found out that my next hotel stay will be within walking distance. Though I heard from our office coordinator in Wichita that it's not that great.

No comments: