Thursday, July 13, 2006

Watched

There wasn't much training to be done. This guy has been in the plant, but he was just unsure of himself. I left him on his own today, and went to check out this project. Met some people from the other office. We discussed some of the differences between the offices. The north office is more disciplined/strict. They don't have people milking the overtime clock. I'd figure it would be more strict since the metro engineer is in that office and they have an actual construction engineer. It sounds like a place where I would want to work, but I'm going to tough it out here.

I was given a heads up that I'm being watched, and should be truthful with my hours. Of course I should naturally assume I'm being watched, I'm a new employee. I've always been truthful with my hours, except yesterday when I left an hour early. We finished an hour early today too, but I figured I will actually be in the office for that hour, that's why I'm writing this post right now. Gotta kill some time. I wonder if they're just watching me, or are they watching everyone else, because they need to be. It's 1am and no one should know that I left early, but people from the other project wander into the office at random times to waste time and gas, so they would notice, and most likely tell on me. This office has no sense of unity.

No comments: