Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Night shifted

I spent the last week on a bridge on the dayshift. It was very informative. The person running the project is very intent on teaching me everything that goes on. There wasn't much that went on besides watching the contractor work. Once or twice a day they'll be a concrete pour, then I'll help with the testing. There were 3-4 of us on the job, and only one has be on the job watching them. I'd go out sit on the bridge and watch them for an hour, then I'll go back to my truck, and nap or read some manga.

I was supposed to work on this project for two weeks until the striping projected started, but they needed me back on the old project for some reason. So I kinda get screwed hours-wise. As far as i know, we're only working two days this but I need 24 hours to get a full 40 hours for the week. We don't work Friday's and Sunday doesn't count as a holiday. Maybe I'll try to get some hours working on the bridge project on Friday

No comments: