Monday, July 10, 2006

Training

I was supposed to start on a striping project yesterday, but they put me on different project from the north office. Since I've spent a little over a month working in the concrete plant, and because I like the night, I get to train someone. I will be training a Russian engineer, but since his degree came from an non-accredited university, he's just an ET. He apparently took the FE test, but it wasn't graded, because he tore out one of the blank pages in the back for scratch paper. Odd that they can't find someone else with more experience.

Since this really isn't my project, I don't have to be out on the road. Just be at the plant when needed, which is usually around 9-10pm. So I've been sitting in the office since 4pm reading stuff online and watching TV shows. This project is also running Mon-Thurs, so I'll probably have to come in everyday at 4pm, and kill time for 5 hours. I'll probably be the only person in the office after 7pm, so I'll probably start watching some anime, which I avoided because I felt it might be inappropriate. Too bad this training is only temporary. Working four 10 hour days seems great.

No comments: