Sunday, June 11, 2006

Orientation

I will finally get my new employee orientation this Wednesday, only 4 months late. It's done during the regular working hours, so I have the option of taking one of my work nights off. I think I'll just work, and just get a little less sleep, and start work a little later. I figure this orientation is one of the few chances for me to get some overtime this summer.

I'll be going to this orientation with our new engineer. I finally got to see her last Friday, since they didn't get done their work until after 6pm. She wasn't what I was hoping, but exactly what the black guy said we'd get. I was mainly just hoping for someone young like me. Instead we got someone probably in her 50's, she has long grey hair, tall, and a little heavy. She looks like the no nonsense type, that would good for managing. Though she seems like she would frown on how I use my freetime. Hopefully if she's been working for the state a long, she would understand how much freetime we have, and isn't too strict. Though this is only speculation, and I've been almost always wrong when I assume things about the state. Logic be damned.

The office is oddly empty today. Normally on Sundays we come in at 4pm to get our full 8 hours, but it's 5:20pm and only me and the project manager are here. Though by coming in at 4pm, we ruined the cleaners' plan to wax our floors. Now they have to come in next Saturday to do them.

Tonight will finally be my first night alone in the batch plant. It was supposed to be last week, but the black guy decided that he wanted to stay on nights for another week, since they didn't need concrete on the day project yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Combining "we will" to just "will". Classic. And economical too.

Anonymous said...

KDOT. Yea. Let's just say I've done 27hrs in the last 2 days and I didn't ask for THAT much overtime.