Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mileage

I finally get my truck back today. I decided to be a good person and clean out the inside of the Taurus, since it was filled with sand. There was a storm last week and I left the windows down, which is bad thing at a concrete plant, where there's piles of sand everywhere. We have to log our mileage. The sheet they gives breaks it up by days, which is how I record it, but everyone else just does it weekly. We usually turn in our sheets at the end or the beginning of week. Since I finally got my truck back I had to record the mileage for the other guy. He put 563 miles on my truck in one week. My truck also records the engine time, and he put over 50 hours on it, which doubled it. The truck only had 1483 at the beginning of the week. He put a third of the mileage in one week, which took me 2 months to do. I personally have probably only put 1000 miles on it. All kinds of people drive it during the day shift.

Today is the last day of concrete patching. They would have finished it last week if it didn't rain. They spent all of last week doing the ramp for a major interchange. I enjoyed that, because they had to close the ramps and I got to walk all round on them. Wichita is a horribly flat place, so the land these ramps are on are some of the highest elevations in the city. I like standing on them and watching the traffic below me, occasionally waving back at the public.

No comments: