Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not ready to be back.

Two weeks didn't feel like enough vacation for me. I should have taken an extra day to recover, because as soon as I got back to Wichita, I went to a lan party for the weekend which really mess up my schedule. I did manage to get some work done on Monday and Tuesday morning since I had some stuff piled up. But soon after 11am, I lost any focus I had. With no motivation, I just tried to catch up on everything I missed in the past 2 weeks. Today, I managed to do no work, felt tired the whole day. I even took a short nap during my lunch break outside. A couple engineers from district drove up during it, hope they understood it was my lunch break and that I wasn't blatantly slacking off. I don't think I'm jetlagged because I'm able to go to bed a decent time and still get 7-8 hours of sleep at night.

There were a couple changes at work while I was gone. The Construction Engineer (EAIII) got a new car. They replaced our old Taurus with a new Impala. We actually got that Taurus a couple months ago. We had an old one and they replaced it with an older one. We got our new senior, The tech with 15 years of experience can finally stop bitching. I am happy for him though. They're having interviews for the FEA position in the north office today, and I was sad to hear that our EAIII didn't even apply for it. She didn't want to work in that office. Truthfully, neither do I, but I'll still apply for the engineer position assuming it opens up. The EAIII from the north office and Pratt office recently passed the PE exam, not sure if the Pratt EAIII applied for the position though.

The next several posts will be about my trip to Japan. I didn't really write much while I was there other than some tweats. So they won't be very detailed. I did take quite a few pictures, but not nearly as much as everyone else in my group. I guess Japan doesn't impress me as much as everyone else.

No comments: