Thursday, June 19, 2008

Japan Trip Part 2

There were 12 of us traveling together. 1 bought her tickets separate from the rest of us, so she was on all the same flights, but wasn't seated anyways near us. The 11 of us were split in into 3 groups and I had the pleasure of being in the girls group. The flight from Chicago was around 12-13 hours and it wasn't too bad. I only watched one of the inflight movies, Jumper. I actually watched it in Japanese, because the button on my remote was broke and I couldn't switch it to english. But it was a simple enough movie that I actually understood everything. Japanese dubs always seem to use the same actors, which are a completely different set of actors used in anime. I read my book, "I am America and So Can You" and played some FFIII DS. I took a couple naps early on so when I arrive in Sapporo, I'll be ready for bed.

We arrived in Narita Airport in the afternoon. We immediately exchanged our money went to our gate. There was a gift shop/restaurant/convenience store close by and our group immediately squealed at the Hello Kitty display. Our flight to Chitose was mostly empty, so some of us spread out to lay down to sleep. We arrive in Chitose at 8pm and took a bus into Sapporo to the Youth Hostel. We met up with a few other memebers and increased our number to 17. 8 more were coming once we checked into a hotel in the city. It was a international hostel, so most of the people there were Americans waiting to move in with their host families. There were only 3 male dancers, so we were always together for lodging. There was a total of 7 males, 3 dancers, 2 supporters, the director, and flag waver.

I was part of the two groups that got Japanese style rooms. We were directly above the lobby so we were able to get the wireless signal. I didn't realize that everyone else was without internet. The hostel had what everyone called "space toilets." They were indeed nice and had heat seats. They also had awesome hand dryers. It's bascially a trough with two air jets blowing downward. You slowly pull your hands out and the water is blown off your hands, so much better than the dryers they have here. I took a quick shower and went with a group of girls to the conbini (convenience store) for some snacks and breakfast for tomorrow. We made it back right before midnight when they lock the doors. Finally got to go to bed for some much needed sleep. Our first practice was scheduled for 10am to give us plenty of time to rest.

No comments: