Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Japan Trip Part 1

I left Wichita on June 1 at 3pm with another member of the team, Michelle. She drove her van and was very pleasant company, which was good since in addition to riding with her for the next 5 hours, she was also going to be sitting next to me on all of our flights. We first drove to Manhattan to pick up two other members, Holly and Austin. We actually got there ahead of time so we got some coffee, then waited at chipotle for them to arrive. After dinner, we drove to KC to spend the night at another team members house, but he wasn't going on the trip with us. Either he gave bad directions or Michelle wrote down the wrong ones, because we got lost on the way there. We finally arrived around 9:30pm and went to bed around 10pm. I couldn't fall asleep that early since I've been working the night shift the week before, and just laid there until Austin finally got up and started playing his DS around 2am. Which was good for me since I could stop pretending to sleep. The girls were upstairs in the guest rooms, while us two guys just had the couch in the basement. We got up at 4am, because we had to be at the airport byt 5am for our 6:30am flight to Chicago. Made it through security without a problem. In fact throughout the whole trip, I didn't have any problems with the TSA or customs. I even brought back a Marimo from Hokkaido.

No comments: