Monday, January 29, 2007

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KDOT has added gaming sites to it's list of blocked sites. PennyArcade and Kotaku are blocked. Reading Kotaku usually can occupy at least an hour of my day. Luckily FFXIclopedia isn't blocked. I haven't tried any other sites, mostly out of fear. Usually if you look at a blocked site, you get flagged and eventually your supervisor will talk to you about it. Since it would be my second offense, it's possible that my internet privileges could be taken away. Luckily not all the incidents have been logged in the past. Though today I did try to go to three blocked sites. It's bad enough that the sites are blocked, they should have to punish you more for not looking at them. My spirit was temporarily crushed, but now maybe I can focus more and read more books. Got 4 books and 80 volumes of manga to read

Today was apparently the birthday of our soon to be retiring ET. So our engineer baked him a cake. She really enjoys baking, generally bringing in cookies and other treats. The barrels are made from gumdrops, the silt fence appears to be fruit-by-foot with pretzel posts, there's rock candy and m&m for the rocks, and coconut shaving on the parts that required heavier snow. Luckily the whole cake didn't have coconut shaving, because I don't like it. I like coconut flavor, just don't like the shavings.

No comments: