Thursday, April 10, 2008

Improving the ground

I just came back from a 3 course from the National Highway Institute about Ground Improvement techniques in Topeka. I was a fairly interesting class, though I will most likely make no use of any of the techniques. The majority of the class were geologists and soil engineers. We were introduced to 10 different methods and most these were developed by the Swedes and Japanese. One of the instructors was Scottish which made his lecture a little bit more interesting. Also in that class I met the cousin of one of my old friends, that I haven't talked to in years. I discovered that he's in Iraq for his third tour.

I had a fairly busy week. Friday night was a friend's birthday and we played Rock Band until we broke the pedal. Saturday was the KU Japanese festival, which I danced at. Sunday was another performance at the KSU international talent show. Since my class was in Topeka, I commuted to Manhattan for dance practice on Monday and Wednesday.

I got home Wednesday night at 11:30pm and I found two of my packages that I've been waiting for. One was from Amazon, more Street Fighter manga, and the first Cow and Boy book. The second was supposed to be my helmet and riding jacket which I ordered 5 weeks ago. I got the jacket, but no helmet. This order has been a pain for a me. First the helmet I originally ordered was out of stock, and they never bother to notify me. I just happened to check my order status and saw a note on my order. So I called them to change the order. Then I waited 3 weeks and called them again wondering about my order. They immediately shipped it after I called them, but it arrived without the helmet. I'm not in terrible need of these items, since I already have helmet and a KDOT jacket that suffices. Now I have a jacket, but old helmet doesn't match. In addition to that, the flasher relay that I ordered two weeks ago for my bike has yet to come in. I was planning on riding my bike up to Manhattan for the KSU Japanese festival, and it looks like I'll have to do it without turn signals. Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Was this friend in Iraq Bob?

Hyde said...

yup, good old angry Bob.