Monday, May 07, 2007

Milling

Last week I helped with a milling job. The project coordinator went on vacation so I was called in to help out. I am currently the only person the office not working on a project. Starting tomorrow I'll be sent out to help out on another project out of town, because the workers from that office are busy since there were several tornadoes out west.

My own project will start in 25 days. I was finally assigned a helper, though I'm not too fond of the person. I figure we will work 12.5 or 13 hour shifts. I'm not sure how much recapping of information will be necessary, and the project is 1.5 miles from the office so drive time isn't an issue. since it is a consecutive day project, if I go with 12.5 hour/day, I'll work 87.5 hours in a week. I'll almost get more overtime on my 10-day project than I did all last year.

No comments: