Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Empty

Back from bridge design. I left on a Thursday, because I had to be back for the office Xmas dinner on Friday. It was a fattening week. Wednesday, bridge design had a potluck, where we just grazed from squad to squad sampling food. Then on Thursday, our squad leader took everyone out to lunch. Had some delicious BBQ. Then Xmas dinner was more BBQ, but it was tastier, because it was homemade. Our engineer made the best baked beans I've ever had. After a filling meal, everyone was feeling sluggish, The Area Engineer was kind enough to give us the rest of the day off. I promptly went home and took a nap.

Today, Half the office is taking vacation. Only 5 people showed up, and two of them left at lunch. The other left at 3:30pm, their normal quitting time. Being the only one left, I have to stay until 5pm. Guess it's good that stayed, because someone just came in to check their mail box. I am actually in charge today and tomorrow. Funny, because I always think of myself as the bottom, in fact there's only two people above me in this office. I actually have some work left over from bridge design, but I'm completely unmotivated to do anything. I spent the playing FFTA and watching TV shows. The people that showed up are ones I get along with, except for one snitch. If he wasn't here, I would have dismissed everyone at noon, because there's no point for all of us to be here. Our construction engineer won't be back until Jan 3, so I think I'll marathon my TV shows.

No comments: