Friday, March 13, 2009

unmotivated

I haven't done much except for a couple classes. Not even concrete batching. The project I was working on last summer resumed about 3 weeks ago and I haven't been asked to come back out. Though they are just currently mostly doing dirt work. I always tested the concrete, but they apparently got someone else to do it. So currently have no idea what I will be doing this season. Hasn't been much talk of projects besides the two big ones, I-135 and Kellogg and the I-135 and 47th st interchanges. I'm not the only person left in the office though, there's one other, and I think that's because no on wants him. Same probably could be said about me, but I'd rather be in the office anyways. They did recently give me back my state phone, which is usually lent to maintenance for the winter. Though they only gave me the phone and the hostler, which I never used, no charge or car charger which I gave them. So currently my phone is sitting on my desk dead, not that anyone called me anyways.
Lately I've been extra bored. I always have something that I can do, but I just have no desire to do it.

Yesterday I took off early so I can do the final walk thru on the house that I'm having built. I'll be closing on it next Thursday and I plan on moving in on the following Saturday. It shouldn't take me too long to move since I've always lived in the dorms or my parents so I never acquired much furniture. It'll probably take me longer to shop for furniture than to move. This will actually be the first time I've ever lived by myself. I tried to prevent that by trying to convince some of my friends to move in with me, but that kinda fell through. I do have 1 that agreed, but he doesn't graduate until the summer. I am excited to move since this will cut my daily commute time by half. I also just bought a new 52" Bravia and I look forward to enjoying it in my soon to be newly furnished "man-cave".



No comments: