Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rainy

It's been raining for the past couple days which has given me a chance to catch up. I've actually been enjoying the project more since I actually have a dedicated task. I'm in charge of the concrete tests and entering the data into the system. It's always been my job, but we've been doing more concrete lately, so it's been keeping me busy. I come in early and the pours usually take 5-6 hours, so it's all I have to do. I get to spend some in the office afterwards and I get to go home after my 8 hours. This current rain is delaying 4 straight days of concrete pours, which isn't good since the contractor was supposed to have the road opened by now.

On these rainy days, the only work that can be done is to watch how well the storms drains that we just installed are working, and if the creek is flooding. I personally never go to check, though I should. I recently started having my house built just 1 mile directly south of the project. I don't think flooding is a problem in that neighborhood, but it'd be nice to check it out beforehand.

Boss's day is on the 16th, so everyone in the office chipped in to buy a gift certificate for the baking supply store that our boss frequents. Today she made some delicious fudge with walnuts, I have no idea what the occasion was. A couple weeks ago she made a cafe mocha cheesecake and some cappuccino brownies for my birthday. They were very delicious. Though the cheesecake wasn't as good as last years. It was also super heavy. I had one piece and it kept me full past lunch, which is unusual for me.

No comments: